I know Matt already updated everyone on our arrival to Homer . . . . but i just wanted to add something (like I always do). We got married Friday night. Yup, that's right. It was only 5 days ago that we were experiencing that magically wonderful day. It's crazy to think about how much we've gone through in the past five days that the biggest news is no longer our wedding, but our arrival in Homer and a couple of moose. lol.
So, I just wanted to RE-LIVE the wedding day before we get too caught up in this next exciting adventure in Alaska. What an INCREDIBLE day. It was perfect in nearly every way. It was so much fun to wear my mom's dress!! The chapel and candle ceremony was even more beautiful than I dreamed about. And I just want to point out that I have married the most amazing man ever! We love being married!! We had so much fun at the reception. It was overwhelming to see a roomful of people excited about us. What a blessed day!!
In attempt to process everything, I would like to invite you who were there to share a fun memory or favorite detail of the day. (post a comment!) If any of you were wondering what all the laughs were about during the exchange of rings.... we'll, the ring somehow ended up on my right hand. Even though it didn't fit, I didn't catch on. I just thought nerves had somehow made my fingers puff up. I wrestled it on, and then as Matt stuck out his Left hand, we realized the mistake. I was determined to fix it for the unity candle lighting!! It took even more wrestling and tugging to fix the error, but I got it!!
Another quick comment: props to Grandma and Grandpa for owning the dance floor until the lights turned on. They really know how to get down!!
We love you all so much, and can't wait to hear from you!!!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am more happy for you than you know! I am sooooooo sad that I wasnt there.:( Im sure it was amazing. please know that I love you and miss you.
Sam Myers
Post a Comment